Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Eggplant Parmesan....

I've always wanted to try eggplant, but wasn't sure how to fix it. A co-worker of mine is currently on the Medifast diet(google it if your interested), its kind of like nutrisystem. She gave me a copying of her recipe's to experiment with. So far I have tried to two of the recipes. I substituted the medifast ingredients with regular  food (healthier). I was quite surprised how DELICIOUS it was. I'm no Iron Chef, but I can do a little something in the kitchen. Below I will provide you with the recipe for Eggplant Parmesan, feel free to use what ever substitutions:

Eggplant Parmesan

1 (based on at least 4 servings) peeled, sliced eggplant
1/3 c of Marinara( I used reg. Barilla with olive oil)
3/4c- give or take depending how cheesy you want it Soy Mozzarella Cheese( I used Kraft Mozzarella)
1 egg whit + 1 tsp of water(well mixed)
1/2 bag of Veggie Crackers( I used Special K Savory Herb) + 4 TB Parmesan cheese( either freshly shredded or the kind in the can).

1. Assemble ingredients, lightly spray non-stick skillet and heat skillet(medium heat). Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Dip the eggplant slices in the egg white/water mixture then in the crackers/Parmesan"breading"(I blended the crackers and the Parmesan cheese in my Ninja). Placed dipped eggplant slices in the pan.
3. Cook eggplant slices until golden brown.
4. Dip cooked eggplant slices in the Marinara Sauce, coating well. Place coated slices in small casserole dish. Put any remaining Marinara(if any slices left).
5. Top eggplant slices with shredded cheese. Tent casserole dish with foil so cheese doesn't stick to foil.
6. Bake, foil covered, at 350 degrees until eggplant is tender throughout- About 20 min

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...