1 (based on at least 4 servings) peeled, sliced eggplant
1/3 c of Marinara( I used reg. Barilla with olive oil)
3/4c- give or take depending how cheesy you want it Soy Mozzarella Cheese( I used Kraft Mozzarella)
1 egg whit + 1 tsp of water(well mixed)
1/2 bag of Veggie Crackers( I used Special K Savory Herb) + 4 TB Parmesan cheese( either freshly shredded or the kind in the can).
1. Assemble ingredients, lightly spray non-stick skillet and heat skillet(medium heat). Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Dip the eggplant slices in the egg white/water mixture then in the crackers/Parmesan"breading"(I blended the crackers and the Parmesan cheese in my Ninja). Placed dipped eggplant slices in the pan.
3. Cook eggplant slices until golden brown.
4. Dip cooked eggplant slices in the Marinara Sauce, coating well. Place coated slices in small casserole dish. Put any remaining Marinara(if any slices left).
5. Top eggplant slices with shredded cheese. Tent casserole dish with foil so cheese doesn't stick to foil.
6. Bake, foil covered, at 350 degrees until eggplant is tender throughout- About 20 min