Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bowling Time...

It's that time of year again, the lil diva turned nine years old this past thursday. She decided she wanted a Barbie Cake with a bowling theme. At first I was like, REALLY(confused face)! I was thinking to myself how am I going to pull this off. I really didn't have a plan as to how I was going to decorate the cake. This was the first time I had ever made a doll cake. I went and purchased a doll pan kit (Wilton) from my local Michael's(one of my favorite places). As for the covering of the cake, my first thought was I was going to get the cake smooth enough with icing. I decided at the last minute to cover the cake with fondant(the best ideas always come at the last minute). It was at this time I tried my hand at making homemade marshmallow fondant(MY FURST TIME). I must say it wasn't as hard as I thought it was. It only took me about 20 minutes to make, knead and color(didn't taste to bad either). In addition to the doll cake, I made some bowling ball/pin cake pops (chocolate/strawberry) and matching cookies. Did I mention that Red Velvet was the birthday girl's choice of flavor with of course cream cheese icing. We traveled with all of goodies to Smyrna Bowling Center to  meet a few of her friends and had a great time.....












~Shauna...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...